- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of experience as a Java Developer
- 5 years of recent Java Web development experience
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Proficiency with Eclipse or equivalent modern IDE and source control tools like Subversion, bug-tracking tools like Jira and collaboration tools like Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to understand, apply, and teach user-centered design principles and techniques
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes
- Ability to create and interpret results of usability tests
- Expertise with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.), JSP/Servlet container frameworks, Apache, Tomcat, JSP, JSF, Hibernate, REST, SOAP, Web Services, Web Services Security, and Test-Driven Development with JUnit or equivalent tool
- Deep understanding of and experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with build scripts for release management across all environments
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
- Working knowledge of containers and container management platforms
- Ability to multi task and be self-paced to accomplish goals
- Ability to lead and motivate others and teach technical skills
- Strong problem solving skills and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to receive:
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee Credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- “Birthday Holiday” and who doesn’t love some extra attention on their Birthday?
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).